4.16.2009

Harper named new women's basketball coach



PackPride Coverage


The new era in Wolfpack women's basketball started officially this afternoon when Lee Fowler announced Kellie Harper as the replacement for the late Kay Yow. 

As I've said before, I like the hire. Harper will do well and won't forget Yow's legacy with the Pack. 

On a more somber note, here's Stephanie Glance's prepared statement about not being hired. 

"I would like to thank NC State University for affording me the chance to be a part of such a fine institution for the last 15 years. I am saddened today that I will not have the opportunity to be the next head coach for the women's basketball program. I would like to especially thank the fans, former players, and coaches from around the country who have sent letters, emails, and made phone calls on my behalf. Thank you sincerely for your support!

"I am MOST grateful for the lessons learned from the legendary Coach Kay Yow! These will stay with me for a lifetime!

"I wish her successor the best."


No comments:

Post a Comment