4.13.2009

QBs shine in second scrimmage


No surprise here. Russell and Mike dominated the average N.C. State secondary for the second straight scrimmage and make me feel even more confident about our offense this year. 

O'Brien expressed some concern about the offensive line play as of right now, but I think they will get it worked out by summer camp. 

I think the front seven on the defensive side of the ball will be solid despite the lack of depth on  the defensive line. Provided everyone stays healthy, which would be nice for once, things will be fine. The secondary still worries me, but at least I know the offense is going to put up points. 

Toney Baker's health is going to be huge moving into the summer and fall. If he can stay on the field he has a great chance to contribute. He was one of the best high school running backs in the country for a reason, he's talented. I just hope his knees hold up. 

Stats of note:

Russell Wilson 9 of 11, 78 yards
Mike Glennon 16 of 19, 143 yards, 1 TD

Toney Baker 8 carries, 19 yards - 6 catches, 68 yards

Audi Cole 8 tackles, 1 sack


No comments:

Post a Comment