8.24.2009

Phillip Rivers gets extension with Chargers


Per ESPN's Len Pasquarelli: Rivers gets extension with Chargers

The San Diego Chargers made a great decision by signing Phillip Rivers to a contract extension today. I'm glad to see perhaps the greatest Wolfpacker ever getting some boost for his bank account. The reported 6-year, $92 million dollar extension, which is rumored to be worth $38-39 million in guaranteed money, will make sure Rivers spends the better part of the next decade on the West Coast.

I had a discussion with my roommate this evening about the Rivers deal and he said he hopes Rivers finishes his career in San Diego. I don't know if that will happen, but I'd sure like to see it. He seems to fit in well and he's a player San Diego can continue to build around, especially after LT and potentially Merriman leave town.

It's always good to see someone from N.C. State succeed, and Rivers is the model of success at this point. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Rivers. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment