3.24.2009

Costner, Ferguson to forego final year



NC State head men’s basketball coach Sidney Lowe has announced that redshirt juniors Brandon Costner and Trevor Ferguson will forego their final year of eligibility, and not return to the Wolfpack in 2009-10. Costner will earn a degree in communications in May, while Ferguson plans to earn a degree in science, technology and society in the summer.

I can't say I'm really surprised by this. I'm not really disappointed either. At the end of the year I felt like Costner could have cared less anyway so why would we want/need him back next year. The Ferguson choice makes more sense to me basically becasue he would have gotten little to know playing time next year. It would do Brandon some good to stick around and try and improve his draft outlook, but if he wants to go play in Europe that's fine by me. 

The more I think about next year's team, the more I'm beginning to realize how different it is going to look. For only one year the changes to the roster will re ridiculous. I don't know yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the pic. That was the highpoint of the Brandon Costner-era.

    Too bad...

    ReplyDelete