3.23.2009

Why does Obama's bracket constitute breaking news???

I'll be the first to admit that I think Barack Obama having a bracket is cool. To know the leader of the free world cares about sports makes me feel like my life/career plans have more meaning, but do we really need to know about it on a daily basis?

I looked on WRALsportsfan.com today and they had a link to an Associated Press story discussing Obama making a comeback over the last couple of days. Why is this worthy of a story? 

And on Sportscenter the last couple of days I've been getting hourly updates about where Obama stands. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't care. It's cool to know he has a bracket and I'm interested in how he finishes, but I don't need 24/7 updates on his status and I definitely don't need WRAL telling me how he's doing. Is there not enough going on in the triangle for WRAL to cover?

For those of you who are obsessed with his bracket, here you go. Obama Bracket

1 comment:

  1. Personally I agree with you...Who cares? It is a cool thing that Obama has a bracket and yes your career is writing about sports is meaningful but you are right when you say the hourly updates are uncalled for. Why does it matter? I mean maybe he is doing it to make it seem like he is trying to connect more with Americans on a more personal level but i completely see where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete