3.28.2009

Elite 8 Picks

Okay, so six out of eight from the Sweet Sixteen isn't terrible. Not great, but not terrible. I still can't understand how the 'Cuse could not throw one in the ocean from behind the arc. Oh well. At least now I get to see Blake Griffin and Hansbrough go at it Sunday. 

So here they are. 

Saturday Games

Connecticut over Missouri, 81-80. The Tigers will probably prove me wrong again, but I just can't pick a team with no big names to go to the Final Four. Plus I'm a Big East homer so I think UCONN has it. 

Pittsburgh over Villanova, 71-67. Nova won the first and only matchup between the two teams this year at home. I just don't think they will be able to stop Blair in this one. Should be a ridiculous game. 

Sunday Games

Louisville over Michigan State, 82-70. Louisville has been as impressive as any team to me thus far. The pressure they put on teams with that press is just fun to watch. The Spartans don't have enough weapons. 

Oklahoma over UNC, 75-72. Hansbrough is good, but Griffin is on another level athletically. He hit his head on the backboard last night. The key for the Tar Heels, as usual, will be Lawson. If he plays like he has been Carolina will probably win. But I think the Sooners will slow him down and get the job done. 

There they are. We'll see how they go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment