3.15.2009

A home away from home




During the last four days in the Georgia Dome I've had the opportunity to watch some amazing basketball and today's championship game was no different. I must say I've had a blast covering the ACC Tournament. 

My experience here in Atlanta has been great. Me and Matt Moore got to Loganville, Ga. (the home of my aunt and uncle and where we've "lived" the past four days) Wednesday night and since then everything feels like a blur. Thursday and Friday, which were both extremely long days, were great because of the quality basketball we got to watch and some of the people we got to meet. 

N.C. State's loss Thursday night to Maryland soured the first day but did not make me want to leave one bit. So we stayed to see some great basketball and take in the sights and sounds of a great tournament. 

I'm sure I won't remember a ton about the tournament or the trip a year from now. I won't remember getting lost multiple times in between downtown Atlanta and Loganville and I won't remember the crazy waitress we had at O'Charleys Saturday night, but I will remember the experience of being at an ACC Tournament. 

I'll remember who won and who lost and why. I'll remember talking with all kinds of different people in the media who were doing the exact same things as me for four days. But I think most of all I'll remember just being able to attend. You never know how life is going to turn out -- maybe I won't end up in journalism and this will be one of the last big events I cover before doing something else with my life. I certainly hope it wasn't, but if it was the 2009 ACC Tournament won't be something I'll soon forget. Hopefully it will be something I never forget. 

Wow...I just read back over that last paragraph and it's really cheesy. Hope you guys didn't throw up from that attempt to be centimental. 

Matt and I are headed for the exit and headed home. Hopefully this six hour drive will go by real quick. I might post when I get home depending on what time it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment