3.16.2009

Back in Raleigh and back to reality

The trip is over and life is back to normal for me here in Raleigh. 

It's back to work and back to reality, unfortunately. 

On a sporting note, N.C. State's basketball season is over. Completely over. No NCAA (obviously). No NIT (not even close). No CBI (no thanks). I can't really say I'm surprised by any of those outcomes but it is disappointing to know that the basketball program is where it is right now. Late in the year the Pack showed improvement and played well at times, but the basketball program is most definitely in a transition period. 

The next one to two years are going to be important for Sidney and the team. I feel like the program is on the verge of taking the next step but it's going to take work. John Wall coming would definitely help, but I'm not counting on it. 

It sucks that the season is done, but that's the way it is. That is N.C. State basketball, at least right now. 

For the next few weeks things will be a little slower on the blog front, but I'm still going to find stuff to write about. Tom O'Brien held his first press conference of the spring today and spring practice will surely produce some good story lines. Also, baseball season is in full swing and State is not doing so hot right now. 

Keep checking back. As usual, I'll have plenty to say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment