8.19.2009

Wolfpack scrimmage again, continue to work

N.C. State held another scrimmage Tuesday evening and from the looks of the stats it appears the defense is continuing to progress. Russell Wilson and Mike Glennon threw three interceptions combined and the defense also blocked a punt and a field goal, returning the blocked punt for a touchdown.

O'Brien hasn't said as much lately about the linebacker position, but from the stats, it appears Sterling Lucas and Terrell Manning are both playing well. Audi Cole jumped off the stat sheet once again, hauling in 9 tackles and a sack. His development has made me feel much better about the loss of Nate Irving. Obviously it's still a huge loss, but the more I hear and read about Audi the more I'm put at ease.

As September 3 gets closer and closer, I've started to rethink some of my predictions from earlier in the summer and Spring Practice. With a healthy Nate Irving and relative health around the rest of the team, I felt like State could be an 8-4 team. With the departure of Dominique Ellis Jimmaul Simmons and the injury to Irving, I'm thinking it will be more like 7-5.

And I don't like making predictions about wins and losses because it always seems like you set yourself up for disappointment if the team doesn't perform. But I really do feel like this team can compete in every game and win more often than not. We shall see.

On the Wolfpack injury update, which I feel like gets updated daily, tight end Mario Carter is out for the South Carolina game at least and offensive lineman Denzelle Good is out for the season. Carter had a knee scope while Good re-injured his shoulder and had season-ending surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment